We care about nature and the development of society
As a responsible company, Tallink Hotels takes into account the principles of sustainable development every day and throughout its activities. We care for the good health of nature and society and make all our future-oriented decisions from an environmentally friendly and sustainability perspective.
As our cooperation partner, you also participate in creating and maintaining a sustainable world. As a subsidiary of Tallink Group, we align ourselves throughout the organization in fulfilling the jointly agreed climate goals in all our areas of activity.
We understand that each individual company has a great responsibility to maintain a decent and environmentally friendly environment. In all our business functions, we strive to reduce the destructive impact on the environment and to promote sustainable thinking and regeneration.
As a responsible company, we consider it important that we pay equal attention to preserving the environment, sustainable management, and certainly to people. The well-being of both our guests and our employees is very important to us. Also, our constant focus is on community activities and greater social awareness.
To reduce waste and overconsumption
- We are precise and attentive when ordering, preparing, and serving food and other goods to the customer.
- We reduce the daily cleaning of hotel rooms to a reasonable level.
- We avoid excessive waste generation.
- We reuse or create opportunities to reuse hotel inventory (sheets, towels, furniture, accessories).
- When renovating hotels, we follow the principles of sustainability and integrate existing resources into new solutions.
To contribute to environmental protection
- We use milder cleaning chemicals as needed.
- We create opportunities to save energy and conserve water.
- We abandon the use of disposable dishes and separately packaged products.
- We purchase products with an eco-label and produced as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We improve the sorting of waste by type and maximum recycling.
- We reduce the use of paper as a one-time information medium.
- We are aware of the digital footprint and reduce the generation of digital waste.
- We prefer local products to shorten the supply chain.
To ensure people’s well-being
- We value a friendly, caring, and attentive working environment.
- We constantly make improvements to improve the living environment based on the suggestions of employees.
- We see the opportunity to work with colleagues of different nationalities, cultures, and religious and political beliefs as an educational, exciting, and world-widening advantage.
- We respect all people’s freedom and right to fair and humane treatment, regardless of human differences.
- We involve people with special needs and find professionally interesting challenges according to the employee’s strengths.
- We are unequivocally against violence, bullying, and discrimination, and we stand for the well-being of our employees.
Contribution of the community and the society
- We contribute to the promotion of social and community welfare through various charitable organisations, such as Tartu University Children’s Fund, Minu Unistuste Päev (My Dream Day), and many other good partners.
- We take part in organizing swimming lessons and sea rescue training for underprivileged children.
- We cooperate with nursing homes to recycle hotel furniture, etc.
- We help increase environmental awareness by informing our guests and guiding them to make environmentally friendly choices.
In recognition of our environmental activities, all Tallink hotels have been awarded the environmental label Green Key.
The Green Key is an international voluntary environmental label that has been awarded to more than 3,700 companies in 60 countries worldwide since 1994. The purpose of the label is to recognise the environmentally friendly and sustainable operation of tourism companies. Hotels with the Green Key label are committed to reducing their environmental impact, and they enable guests to reduce their ecological footprint by offering environmentally friendly options. Additional information about the Green Key programme can be found: www.greenkey.global
Some examples of our latest activities
- We gave up disposable dishes in the Aqua Spa bar.
- We joined Ringo’s packaging recycling system.
- Only bathroom cosmetics in large bottles are used in our hotels.
- We don’t use room key card holders (the room number is on an easily removable sticker, which you can, for example, stick on your phone and thus eliminate the security risk in case of losing the key card.
- We collaborated with fashion designer Xenia Joost, who used old bed sheets from our hotels to create her stunning collection.
- During the renovation of the Tallink City Hotel, we preserved and integrated as much as possible those parts of the interior, replacement of which was not absolutely necessary.
- When renovating the Tallink City hotel, we donated usable furnishings to those in need.
All our guests can contribute to a responsible world
Use energy sparingly. Any kind of energy production is a burden on nature, so please turn off lights and the TV when you leave the room.
Maintain a normal temperature in the room – do not overuse heating and air conditioning.
Forgo housekeeping if possible – for the sake of nature conservation, we organise the cleaning of rooms every second day. If you wish for cleaning to be done more or less often, please contact the hotel reception.
Sort waste – if possible, separate paper, packaging, containers with a pledge mark and bio-waste.
Use the stairs to move around the hotel – this saves energy spent on elevators and is a simple and useful way to increase your body’s healthy movement. Tallink City Hotel has a health track for this.
Leave only the towels that need to be washed on the floor – washing clothes is water and energy-consuming; you can help us save nature by using your towels several times.
Save water – clean water is a valuable natural resource that can be saved very easily with conscious consumption. Take a shower instead of a bath and turn off the tap while brushing your teeth.
Avoid food waste! At breakfast, please place as much food on your plate as you can eat to help us avoid throwing away uneaten food.
Drink tap water! Opt for tap water over bottled water to help reduce the environmental footprint, plastic and waste associated with bottled water production.
If you notice rude or disrespectful behavior of other guests towards the hotel staff, report it to the hotel management.
When moving around the city, prefer environment-friendly solutions – use public transport or walk instead
The city centres of Tallinn and Riga are very compact, and it is easy to get around. Thanks to the bus, trolleybus and tram networks, you can reach further destinations without much effort.
Information about transportation and timetables can be found on the contact page of each hotel.
Fast chargers for electric cars have been installed all over both Tallinn and Riga to ensure electric car users have sufficient freedom for driving around.
You can find information about charger locations:TallinnRiga
Bicycles and electric scooters
It is convenient to explore different areas of Tallinn and Riga by bicycle or electric scooter.
Information about bicycle paths, regulations and parking can be found:TallinnRiga
Bike rental companies can be found:TallinnRiga
Electric scooters can be rented using the following apps:BoltTuul
Explore Tallinn and Riga in an environment-friendly way
In Tallinn and Riga there are lovely parks where you can have a picnic, health trails and light traffic routes through city districts with character, as well as wonderful nature oases where you can forget that you are still in the city. Moving in the fresh air is not only good for the environment, but also good for your health – the attractions in Tallinn and Riga are close enough to each other to be reached on foot, by bicycle or scooter.